Read what people think about The Red Book by Deborah Copaken Kogan, and write your own review.

The Red Book

by Deborah Copaken Kogan

The Red Book by Deborah Copaken Kogan

• Published in USA  Apr 2012

There are currently 26 reader reviews for The Red Book

Power Reviewer Vivian H. (Winchester, VA) (02/05/12)

The Red Book - a Familiar Theme
"The Red Book" is a readable story about 4 friends who met at Harvard and reunite at their 20th reunion and how life changes and how it is possible to reinvent oneself at mid life. The theme is not new. More Magazine profiles such women monthly. This is essentially an updated version of Rona Jaffe's 1986 "Class Reunion". As I was reading this book I had the nagging feeling I'd read it before...and then I recalled Jaffe's book, which I loved in the 80's. But, I didn't like or feel compassion for Kogan's primary characters with the exception of Jane. I wanted to slap the other 3. I think Kogan created some compelling & interesting secondary & tertiary characters...which caused me to give the book 4 stars.
Power Reviewer Sue J. (Wauwatosa, WI) (02/05/12)

The Red Book
A 20 year class reunion transforms four roommates' lives in an unforgettable weekend. The novel begins with short essays collected in the Red Book (published every 5 years) which highlights their accomplishments. In the first chapter Addison is arrested for 20 year old parking tickets and ends up spending the night in jail. This is just the beginning of a roller coaster ride that spans the entire weekend. This story is about new beginnings and second chances in life. I had trouble putting the book down - highly recommended.

• Book Jacket: Hunger