Read what people think about The World We Found by Thrity Umrigar, and write your own review.

by Thrity Umrigar

• Published in USA  Jan 2012

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The World We Found

Power Reviewer Louise J (02/21/12)

What a fantastic read! Beautifully written, explaining the bonds of friendship, this is a stunning novel for all to read.
Power Reviewer Diane S. (01/27/12)

The World We Found
What a terrifically engaging read. Covers so many different aspects of life, like friendship, political activism, how and why people change, how they lie to themselves to stay with something that is not working. This book could have easily been maudlin and sad, concerning a group of four women who had been great friends and had drifted apart yet come together again when one falls ill, but instead it is a poignant and interesting story. Taught me things I didn't know, about Bombay, India and the 1993 riots between the Hindus and the Muslims, about the Indian culture and how important the little things in life are. Now I need to go back and read previous books by this author because her writing has quite won me over.

• Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro
  • Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.