Read what people think about Arguably by Christopher Hitchens, and write your own review.

Arguably

Essays

by Christopher Hitchens

Arguably by Christopher Hitchens

• Published in USA  Sep 2011
    Genre: Short Stories & Essays

There is 1 reader review for Arguably

Power Reviewer Kelli Robinson (11/25/14)

A Thought-Provoking Literary Challenge
This was not my first foray into the work of Hitchens. I read God is Not Great as well as several Vanity Fair articles prior to this set of essays. This book, however, illuminated the huge gap in intellect between Hitchens and myself. Not a surprising discovery but rather humbling. Fortunately, Hitchens himself made some progress in closing that gap as I progressed through his 100 essays from start to finish. Because nearly all of the literary references in the first third of the book were lost on me, it almost felt like I was reading a book written in a different language but that slowly dissipated as I moved along. For the casual reader of Hitchens, be prepared for a literary challenge but don't let that challenge stop you from getting to know this prolific writer and his thought-provoking opinions on literature, politics and religion.

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

The fact of knowing how to read is nothing, the whole point is knowing what to read.

O My D B