Read what people think about The Three Weissmanns of Westport by Cathleen Schine, and write your own review.

Summary | Discuss | Reviews | More Information | More Books

The Three Weissmanns of Westport

by Cathleen Schine

The Three Weissmanns of Westport

• Published in USA  Feb 2011

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Three Weissmanns of Westport

Kathy (09/06/11)

Stay with it!
I am an avid reader but it took me a month to get through the first chapters of this book. I'd read a couple pages and loose interest and go to another book. However, once I got past the beginning I read it in a weekend and LOVED IT! I am not sure what my problem was with the beginning, but I did end up loving the characters and enjoying the book as a whole. They have stayed with me, but I was especially fond of Betty, the mother, as she repeatedly tried to make the dreariest of events into a "picnic". I applaud her effort!
Dave S (08/11/11)

Disappointment
I wanted to like this book, and there are a few insightful comments about divorce and its impact on an older woman and grown daughters, but overall I thought the prose and character development to be lacking. The story had a lot of promise, but I never really felt I knew the characters as well as I wanted. A missed opportunity

One Month Free Membership

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko