Read what people think about The Three Weissmanns of Westport by Cathleen Schine, and write your own review.

Summary | Discuss | Reviews | More Information | More Books

The Three Weissmanns of Westport

by Cathleen Schine

The Three Weissmanns of Westport by Cathleen Schine

• Published in USA  Feb 2011

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Three Weissmanns of Westport

Kathy (09/06/11)

Stay with it!
I am an avid reader but it took me a month to get through the first chapters of this book. I'd read a couple pages and loose interest and go to another book. However, once I got past the beginning I read it in a weekend and LOVED IT! I am not sure what my problem was with the beginning, but I did end up loving the characters and enjoying the book as a whole. They have stayed with me, but I was especially fond of Betty, the mother, as she repeatedly tried to make the dreariest of events into a "picnic". I applaud her effort!
Dave S (08/11/11)

Disappointment
I wanted to like this book, and there are a few insightful comments about divorce and its impact on an older woman and grown daughters, but overall I thought the prose and character development to be lacking. The story had a lot of promise, but I never really felt I knew the characters as well as I wanted. A missed opportunity

• Book Jacket: The Dark Flood Rises

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Children are not the people of tomorrow, but people today.

O My D B