Read what people think about The Three Weissmanns of Westport by Cathleen Schine, and write your own review.

Summary | Discuss | Reviews | More Information | More Books

The Three Weissmanns of Westport

by Cathleen Schine

The Three Weissmanns of Westport by Cathleen Schine

• Published in USA  Feb 2011

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Three Weissmanns of Westport

Kathy (09/06/11)

Stay with it!
I am an avid reader but it took me a month to get through the first chapters of this book. I'd read a couple pages and loose interest and go to another book. However, once I got past the beginning I read it in a weekend and LOVED IT! I am not sure what my problem was with the beginning, but I did end up loving the characters and enjoying the book as a whole. They have stayed with me, but I was especially fond of Betty, the mother, as she repeatedly tried to make the dreariest of events into a "picnic". I applaud her effort!
Dave S (08/11/11)

Disappointment
I wanted to like this book, and there are a few insightful comments about divorce and its impact on an older woman and grown daughters, but overall I thought the prose and character development to be lacking. The story had a lot of promise, but I never really felt I knew the characters as well as I wanted. A missed opportunity

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

There is no worse robber than a bad book.

Y S M B, I'll S Y