Read what people think about The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes, and write your own review.

The Last Letter from Your Lover

by Jojo Moyes

The Last Letter from Your Lover

• Published in USA  Jul 2011

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Last Letter from Your Lover

CarolK (10/12/14)

Heartfelt Words with Pen and Paper
Add me to the legions of fans of JoJo Moyes. I’m not exactly certain how to classify her books but women’s contemporary fiction suits as well as anything. The two I’ve read were love stories at their core. Some would call them romance, not me. Romantic perhaps.

It is 1960. Jennifer Stirling is hospitalized, suffering from memory loss due to a severe car accident. This alone caught my attention as what the brain will forget when stressed interests me. When released she goes home to her husband and we can feel her confusion and awkwardness as she tries to regain consciousness of who she is or was for that matter. Something seems off. Then she finds a letter with an impassioned plea for her to chuck her life and meet said composer at the train station. It is signed B. Who is this man and why would Jennifer consider giving up her privileged life to follow him? The reader will find out all in a story told in dual time frames over a span of 40 years.

Essentially a thriller reader in need of a feelgood story now and then I am often left cold by forced sentimentality or down right sappiness. The Last Letter From Your Lover evoked feelings of sadness, both hopefulness and hopelessness, nostalgia and a yearning hunger for a love letter of my own. Aptly titled, I loved it.
Loves to Read (08/22/11)

Not your Average Romance Book
Entertaining enough at first to keep my interest in continuing to read it...towards the end I could not put it down. A romantic book with a twist!

• Book Jacket: A Great Reckoning
    by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

Wherever they burn books, in the end will also burn human beings.

The Big Holiday Wordplay: