Read what people think about The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes by Marcus Sakey, and write your own review.

The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes

by Marcus Sakey

The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes by Marcus Sakey X
The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes by Marcus Sakey

• Published in USA  Jun 2011
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes

SavvySuz

Life is a Raindrop...This is a thunderstorm!
"You are who you choose to be. Be sure you can live with the decisions you make." Daniel Hayes

The dilemma is that Hayes begins his journey in a haze (a play on words, Mr. Sakey?)... dripping wet, naked, confused and with no memory of how he got where he is...and worse...not even knowing WHO he is...his identity an enigma!

What decisions has he made? What has happened to him? Where exactly is he...what ocean did he just drag his body out of?
"Calm, don't panic...Retrace your steps...Focus...Don't force it. Tease it. Coax it out."

Sakey continues to hone his fine skills in writing thrillers that keep you guessing until the very end.
His novels should come with seat-belts...the plot twists toss the reader with plenty of turbulence in this newest offering, ....THE TWO DEATHS OF DANIEL HAYES.

Just when you think you've had an `AHA' moment, the plot loops around and you find yourself clutching at the proverbial straws all over again. You regain your footing as Daniel slowly retraces his and clues are revealed. However, all is not as it appears and trust ebbs and flows like the tide from which Daniel first sprung.

It's difficult to say much more without adding a spoiler alert.

Just know that once you pick this fast-paced novel up...you'll speed along with Daniel from Maine to California with petals of memories slowly unveiling a past that begs to atone and surprises itself in both dreams and reality.

I was very impressed with the author's sharp images of Los Angeles and how well he portrayed the city as if he had lived there himself!...but, I'm pretty sure he hails from Chicago.

I am a native "Angelina" and so Sakey brought back vivid pictures of places like Griffith Park, Hollywood, the unique culture of Southern California and a whole lot more!...even the Avocado tree that I, too, had in my back yard! ...but without the pulsating adrenaline rush!
Diane S.

The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes by Marcus Sakey
A man wakes up naked on a beach and doesn't remember where he is or how he got there. From there it is all thrills and chills as he attempts to find out what happened to him and where he belongs. Plenty of twists and turns, with some very good characters and some not so nice people. Sakey's writing is as always suspenseful and he's from Chicago.

• Book Jacket: Call Me American

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E