Read what people think about Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich, and write your own review.

Smokin' Seventeen

A Stephanie Plum Novel

by Janet Evanovich

Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich
  • Readers' rating:

• Published in USA  Jun 2011
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Smokin' Seventeen

Power Reviewer Cloggie Downunder (02/10/13)

plenty of laughs
Smokin’ Seventeen is the seventeenth full-length novel in the Stephanie Plum series by American author, Janet Evanovich. De rigeur for each Stephanie Plum novel is: Lula needing food at every moment; Grandma Mazur attending at least one funeral home viewing; Stephanie wrecking at least two, and usually more, vehicles; visits to Tasty Pastry and Cluck-in-a-Bucket; Stephanie pursuing skips that are never ordinary; Lula enthusing about a career for which she shows absolutely no talent; Lula gets indignant about someone calling her fat and Stephanie examining her guilt about wanting both Ranger and Morelli. This instalment has all of those and more: Grandma Bella makes a long overdue appearance; Stephanie drives a funeral casket down the main street in a Jeep; Lula’s weapon of choice, when not using her stun gun, is a supersoaker filled with holy water; quite a lot of sex, thanks to Morelli’s Grandma Bella; Lula fears she is growing fangs; there are cockfighting, foodfighting, granny pants and a dancing bear. Stephanie is on at least 3 hit lists, spends a lot of time avoiding people trying to kill, maim or cook for her, and ends up with tickets to Thailand. If the reader guesses the villain before getting even halfway through the story, the finding out how and why is still lots of fun. Best quote: “I’d hate to list our specialties. Wreck cars, eat donuts, create mayhem” which pretty much sums up Lula and Stephanie. Plenty of laughs.
Alica (06/22/11)

Smokin Seventeen
AWESOME as always!! I love all of her Plum series books. Very intriguing, can't put them down.

• Book Jacket: The Dark Flood Rises

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Use what talents you possess: The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best

O My D B