Read what people think about Escape by Barbara Delinsky, and write your own review.

Escape

by Barbara Delinsky

Escape by Barbara Delinsky X
Escape by Barbara Delinsky

• Published in USA  Jul 2011

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Escape

Cloggie Downunder

original and unpredictable
Escape is the 41st stand-alone novel by popular author, Barbara Delinsky. One Friday morning, New York lawyer Emily Aulenbach takes stock of her life and realises it has strayed so far from her dream that she needs to escape. She takes off her watch, turns off her Blackberry, leaves behind her laptop and, without telling anyone or having any firm plans, heads north. After a few days, she finds herself in Bell Valley, New Hampshire, a place where her life changed radically one summer, ten years ago, and a place where she hopes to, once again, find herself. In Bell Valley, she renews a neglected friendship with Vicki Bell, submits to the healing powers of the Animal Refuge and reconnects with the mystical coyote of that long-ago summer. But an old lover, Vicki’s brother Jude, has also returned to Bell Valley; Emily is wedded to James, but the problems she ran away from include her fulfilling job, her demanding family and friends and her dysfunctional marriage, so is Jude’s presence a help or a hindrance? In this novel, Delinsky gives the reader characters with depth, spirit and integrity and a plot that is original and unpredictable, with an exciting climax. Delinsky touches on a range of topical subjects: the pressure of modern-day life; damage claims against large corporations; animal refuges; trust funds; intimidation and stalking; infertility and life balance. I had not read any Delinsky novels for quite some time, so I had forgotten what a pleasure these are to read. I really enjoyed this one.
Jemma McKee

Predictable plot
The back story of her relationship with her college roommate is just dumped into the beginning of story. The heroine is predictable ... over worked lawyer with not enough time for a life. her husband is one-dimensional... she may love him ... but not much. When she chucks it all to find herself in a stereotypical small town ... of course an old boyfriend appears. he is more a 60's guy than is believable.
Barbara D mailed this in... I did not finish book

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes