Read what people think about Low Town by Daniel Polansky, and write your own review.

by Daniel Polansky

There are currently 23 reader reviews for Low Town

Linda P. (Medford, WI) (06/08/11)

Low Town
Low Town is an extremely dark fantasy. The writing style and the short action-packed chapters grabbed my attention and kept it. The atmosphere and the characters of Low Town were unappealing and grim, but I would read this author again. Anyone in the mood for something gruesome, quick, and entertaining should take up Daniel Polansky's debut novel.
Gail G. (Northbrook, Illinois) (06/08/11)

LOW TOWN A MYSTICAL MYSTERY by Daniel Polansky
The story takes place in a city called Rogus which is a part of the city of Thirteen Lands. This place is populate by many divergent cultures. The period of the story is not relevant. The story covers several genras--mystery, noir and fantasy.

The story moves along quickly but for some reason I didn't feel closure with the story's ending. It may be possible for a sequel to arrive within the next year or so?
Florence W. (Grand Island, New York) (06/07/11)

Riviting novel
Low Town is a reviting fantasy novel which hooked me from the first chapter. Polansky's writing transports the reader to the dregs of society inhabiting Low Town. I was captivated by the characters, setting, and vivid language throughout this book. Not a novel I thought I would enjoy, but I just couldn't seem to put it down!
Deb Y. (Blanco, TX) (06/07/11)

Most Unusual
With the plethora of vamp/Goth/absolutely dark books, this one stands out. It is a gritty, grimy, crime-ridden look at the otherworld, and Daniel Polansky is an author to keep an eye on as he matures. He also has a web page to go with the book, so check it out!
Catharine L. (Petoskey, (06/06/11)

not for the faint-hearted
The title, Low Town, describes exactly what the reader is in for. If you enjoy reading about drunks, druggies, and degenerates, this is the book for you. It is a mystery; and Warden, an ex-government detective, discovers the first of several murdered children and becomes involved. A glossary would have helped to define words - scryer, wyrm. Most of the characters had few redeeming qualities, and I didn't care what happened to them.
Power Reviewer Daniel A. (Naugatuck, CT) (06/06/11)

Low Town
This first novel by the author is a cross-genre story; a science fiction and murder mystery. I found myself immersed into the plot until the very end. People have told me that I have an above average vocabulary, but I had difficulty in reading parts of this book. I'm sure if the author used simpler words, he would reach a wider audience. Overall, I enjoyed reading it.
Jill S. (Eagle, ID) (06/05/11)

Great summer read
Low Town is a great book! Be forewarned, once you start it, you won't be able to put it down. This book has a little bit of everything--fantasy, action, and suspense. Mr. Polansky's descriptions and well developed characters make readers feel that they are actually with the Warden. The ending doesn't even disappoint. I hope to read more of the Warden in the future. Enjoy!
Melanie H. (Beaver, WV) (06/05/11)

Low Town
This book is very dark and violent. I tried to finish reading it because the plot was intriguing but could not get past the violence and drug underworld characters. The unusual descriptive words prevented the story from flowing and made reading a little difficult.

• Book Jacket: A Certain Age

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All