Read what people think about Heat Wave by Nancy Thayer, and write your own review.

by Nancy Thayer

• Published in USA  Jun 2011

There are currently 25 reader reviews for Heat Wave

Power Reviewer Louise J (01/16/13)

Beautiful Novel!!
I absolutely loved this story!

Nancy Thayer has written a real story about real women. She has an uncanny knack for taking real life situations and putting them in story mode. This novel is completely believable and I actually know someone who several of these issues happened too. I love her books and always highly recommend them. Well done, once again, Nancy!!
Sandra S. (Huntington Woods, Michigan) (05/27/11)

Independence
Never knowing what life has in store for you, Carly falls in love and marries a wealthy lawyer she hardly knows. Within a few years of their marriage he has a mortal accident and she is left to raise her two children in the house he left her. She is left with decisions only she can make. I enjoyed this book, because it takes place on the east coast on Nantucket Sound where people populate the area in the summertime. Our family spends the summer in Northern Michigan, in a small town called Charlevoix. Recently, I had a decision, not unlike Carly's, to make. Consequently, the books main theme was very interesting to me. However, because, Nancy Thayer adds so many interesting characters, actions, and a little mystery, I think
"Heat Wave" would appeal to most people, but especially women.
Barbara J. (West Valley City, UT) (05/23/11)

Heat Wave
Heat Wave was a good beach read. no surprises. However, there were some disconnect.
Carm D. (Omaha, NE) (05/20/11)

Heat Wave by Nancy Thayer
This book is perfect for summer reading. It is fast paced, keeps you interested and the characters are likable. It's about loss and friendships who last through thick and thin. It's about trying to do the right thing for yourself and your family in trying times, and respecting the feelings of others in the process. The heroine is an admirable lady and I liked her immensely.
Carolyn S. (Decatur, GA) (05/17/11)

Heat Wave
I found Heat Wave to be a light, airy, and very enjoyable book for personal summer reading. It has a fun, romantic and predictable plot line as well as a more serious unpredictable one.
Kimberly D. (Mount Airy, MD) (05/17/11)

Good Beach Read
Heat Wave is an enjoyable book that deals with love, loss, and moving on. New widow Carley learns to transcend loss with the help of friends, family and a new love. Starting a new B&B in her home adds a different dimension of warmth and strength that I enjoyed. The ending seemed a bit rushed, but all in all a good beach read.
Wendy E. (Mechanicsville, VA) (05/17/11)

Lazy Beach Read
After after a string of heavier titles, Heat Wave is a great light book to get lost in for awhile. The plot is a bit predictable and the characters could use a some more depth, but it is still worth the investment of time to check out Thayer's latest book. She covers everything from family ties, parenting, loss, business, new love, and betrayal in Heat Wave. It would be perfect to sit on the shore while reading about this Nantucket community.
Cynthia C. (Peekskill, NY) (05/16/11)

Heat Wave
Another terrific book by Nancy Thayer, Heat Wave is a great read. Well-written, with interesting & realistic characters, the story follows recent widow, Carley & her 2 young daughters, as they struggle with their loss & changed financial status. As always, Ms. Thayer has written a book, full of warmth & insight.

• Book Jacket: A Great Reckoning
    by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering.

The Big Holiday Wordplay: