Read what people think about Sister by Rosamund Lupton, and write your own review.

by Rosamund Lupton

Sister by Rosamund Lupton X
Sister by Rosamund Lupton

• Published in USA  Jun 2011
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 22 reader reviews for Sister

Pam (Cherry Hill, NJ) (05/19/11)

Suspenseful!
It's easy to understand what the hype is all about -- this book is extremely well-written and the plot really keeps you turning the pages! (Reminds me in some ways of a Kate Atkinson mystery or a book I read years ago called Going East about someone whose sibling also died in London.) Some of the twists are a bit contrived and a few scenes later in the book a little cliche but generally a very worthwhile read.
Linda G. (Walnut Creek, CA) (05/18/11)

A Sister's Intuition
Rosamund Lupton's new book The Sister is a compelling, gothic-like thriller. But it is also an accomplished study of the bond between sisters, the innate knowledge this narrator has that her own sisters' death was not suicide, as the authorities believe, but that she must have been murdered. The determination and perseverance she employed is laid out in the form of a letter to her dead sister. This allegiance, and the surviving sister's grief are beautifully portrayed, making this twisting, gripping story something unique and special.

Being a book group coordinator for an indie bookstore, I see "Sister" becoming a book club favorite.
Deborah D. (Old Forge, NY) (05/18/11)

An author to keep in mind
Overall I found this book a good read. The relationship between the two sisters was
well written and enviable. The mystery was well kept but at times a bit confusing. The ending a surprise but not finished enough for my taste.
Carolyn A. (Questa, NM) (05/17/11)

Sister
If you have ever suffered the sudden, unexpected death of a young loved one, this book will have you reliving the horror of those days. It is nonetheless, a compelling read, a book you cannot put down. You will be asking yourself who and why again and again. I'm not sure the ending really answers those questions. But I am recommending this book to discerning readers.
Eileen F. (Drexel Hill, PA) (05/16/11)

A letter to Tess
This was a gripping page turner written in a style that propelled you forward. The storyteller engaged you with enough details to keep you wanting more. The shared history of siblings can be strong and comforting.
Mary Ellen (Canfield, OH) (05/15/11)

Sister
Sister is an intriguing mystery which combines an unusual writing approach, a well-planned plot, and absorbing insights into family relationships and grief. It is a well-written, stylish novel with enough twists and clues presented in shifts of time and details to keep the reader intrigued as the plot develops. I found it to be a fast read and fortunately so, for I did not want to put it down.

• Book Jacket: I Found My Tribe

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes