Read what people think about The Brief History of the Dead by Kevin Brockmeier, and write your own review.

The Brief History of the Dead

by Kevin Brockmeier

The Brief History of the Dead by Kevin Brockmeier

• Published in USA  Jan 2007

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Brief History of the Dead

Power Reviewer Kelli Robinson (11/25/14)

Intriguing Premise
This was a reread for me. The premise of the book is so intriguing: a story split between a city of the "living dead" who only remain in the city as long as someone on Earth holds that person in their memory and a wildlife researcher in the Antarctica who may be the only person on Earth who has not yet succumbed to a man-made virus. On my second reading, I did a better job of tracking all the myriad connections between the many living dead and the still-alive wildlife researcher - however tangential those connections might be. What did not happen, however, is a change in my ultimate opinion for the book. I was definitely satisfied but nothing more.
Michael (05/25/14)

Seven Years Later and I'm Still Thinking About This Book
I picked this book up out of my high school library when I was sixteen. It caught my attention on the first page and I devoured the entire thing in a day. I often find myself thinking about this book and telling people about it because it is so captivating. A real feast for the mind. It honestly scared the pants off of me a few times, but not in the typical hokey "jump" sort of way. But a genuine creeped out, scared of the unknown feeling. The way he describes the transition from life into death left me breathless. I truly love this book and it's wormed it's way into my mind and will be there for years to come.

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people ...

Y S M B, I'll S Y