Read what people think about Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult, and write your own review.

Sing You Home

by Jodi Picoult

Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult

• Published in USA  Mar 2011

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Sing You Home

S. L. B.

Song of the Masters
I got this because it talked about homosexuality but the book is more than just that...there is so much to love about the book. It is a story about a woman trying with all her might to have a baby....falling in love, being torn in her feelings. Other people and yes, I got so angry with certain parts of it but isn't it a good sign of the book when it makes you feel something? I highly recommend this book and when I was at a garage sale the other day and the woman was selling a Jodi Picoult book, you bet I bought it.
Power Reviewer Marianne V

Another excellent Picoult
Sing You Home is Jodi Picoult’s 18th novel. As always, Picoult deals with big issues. This time it is homosexuality and the attitude of society, government and, in particular, organised religion, to those who are openly homosexual. But other issues also make an appearance: as Picoult herself says, this book is about a lot of things. This novel details the single-mindedness, the almost obsessive lengths to which some people will go to overcome infertility. It asks about the fate of frozen embryos: are they people or property? Who has rights over them when a marriage breaks up? It touches on the importance of music in our lives. It examines in detail the arguments of certain religious leaders against homosexuality: the faulty logic, the quotation of scriptures out of their historical context, the convenient interpretation of biblical quotes, the power of charismatic preachers. Most of all, this novel asks the question: what is a family? As she usually does, Picoult tells the story in voices: in this case, Zoe, who has spent ten years trying to have a baby; Max, her husband, who has finally had enough, divorces her and finds God; and Vanessa, a guidance counselor who becomes Zoe’s friend and eventually, her lover. As with all of Picoult’s novels, this one is thought-provoking and highly enjoyable: an excellent read!

• Book Jacket: Do Not Become Alarmed
    by Jeffrey Lent

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers