Read what people think about Abide with Me by Elizabeth Strout, and write your own review.

Abide with Me

by Elizabeth Strout

Abide with Me by Elizabeth Strout
  • Readers' rating:

• Published in USA  Mar 2006

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Abide with Me

Carol

Very thought provoking
This book touched me deeply. I have read it twice and each time I was moved to tears by Tyler's quiet grief and his congregation's lack of compassion to him and his child. The book was a stark reminder that we cannot know other's pain until we abide with them.
Betsy Holland

Hit by a brick.
First timer doing this...
Just finished reading"Abide with Me"
Have never underlined and circled things to come back to.
"The pain beneath his collarbone radiating with such intensity that a nail might have been through him there." I can still feel that pain so intensely myself that I had to talk to someone about this.
So here I am.This is then amazing journey that Elizabeth Strout has set before us all. Cannot quit thinking about some of the questions faith and belief. Highly recommend this to anyone who wants to walk in someone else s shoes and see the complex and not so complex ways we make the decisions we make.A very powerful book. Thank you Miss Strout.

• Book Jacket: Before We Sleep
    by Kate Moore

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers