MLA Gold Award Site

Read what people think about The Philosophical Breakfast Club by Laura J. Snyder, and write your own review.

Four Remarkable Friends Who Transformed Science and Changed the World

by Laura J. Snyder

There are currently 35 reader reviews for The Philosophical Breakfast Club

Mary Ellen (Canfield, OH) (01/01/11)

The Philosophical Breakfast Club
The Philosophical Breakfast Club fulfills its promotional materials as a vivid portrait of four extraordinary men of 19th century science. The author has done extensive research into the details of their personal lives and scientific contributions, however occasionally these details were distracting. The four friends lived in an exciting time in scientific development and were instrumental in its progress. Laura Snyder gives us a renewed appreciation of this. If you have an interest in science, this is a must read.
Penny P. (Santa barbara, Calif) (12/31/10)

A look at science
Not having much background (or interest) in science, it took a couple of attempts to get into this book. Once I did,it was fairly easy to understand and was pretty interesting.The writing was good and did a good job of providing a historic perspective. I know more about the subject than I did before so that is a good thing. I have a friend that is interested in science and I know she will appreciate the book.
Deb Y. (Blanco, TX) (12/29/10)

Scientists
The Philosophical Breakfast Club is well written and very easy to read, even for a truly science-challenged person such as I. Laura Snyder has taken the subject and made it worth a read (even if you care nothing about philosophy/scientists), as it involves much, much more. Please read it when you have some time to sit and savor...

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk