MLA Gold Award Site

Read what people think about The Philosophical Breakfast Club by Laura J. Snyder, and write your own review.

Four Remarkable Friends Who Transformed Science and Changed the World

by Laura J. Snyder

There are currently 35 reader reviews for The Philosophical Breakfast Club

Mary Ellen (Canfield, OH) (01/01/11)

The Philosophical Breakfast Club
The Philosophical Breakfast Club fulfills its promotional materials as a vivid portrait of four extraordinary men of 19th century science. The author has done extensive research into the details of their personal lives and scientific contributions, however occasionally these details were distracting. The four friends lived in an exciting time in scientific development and were instrumental in its progress. Laura Snyder gives us a renewed appreciation of this. If you have an interest in science, this is a must read.
Penny P. (Santa barbara, Calif) (12/31/10)

A look at science
Not having much background (or interest) in science, it took a couple of attempts to get into this book. Once I did,it was fairly easy to understand and was pretty interesting.The writing was good and did a good job of providing a historic perspective. I know more about the subject than I did before so that is a good thing. I have a friend that is interested in science and I know she will appreciate the book.
Deb Y. (Blanco, TX) (12/29/10)

Scientists
The Philosophical Breakfast Club is well written and very easy to read, even for a truly science-challenged person such as I. Laura Snyder has taken the subject and made it worth a read (even if you care nothing about philosophy/scientists), as it involves much, much more. Please read it when you have some time to sit and savor...

• Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

I I A Sign O T T