Read what people think about Snowdrops by A.D. Miller, and write your own review.

Snowdrops

by A.D. Miller

Snowdrops by A.D. Miller

• Published in USA  Feb 2011
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 21 reader reviews for Snowdrops

Kelly P. (Monterey, TN) (11/27/10)

a treat for the imagination.
A. D. Miller has created an atmospheric read which fully immerses the reader in post-soviet Russian society. The characters real, the settings are easy to picture in your head, and the story is plausible. The fact that the author was able to create a constant sense of underlying paranoia though was his best accomplishment. This is truly an immersing tale.
Susan F. (Rabun Gap, GA) (11/27/10)

Wildly Interesting, Riveting Read
"Snowdrops" is a wildly interesting, riveting read. I highly recommend it to all. Written as an explanation and, I believe, a possible apology to his present day fiancee, Nick Platt, an English attorney, sets forth his old life in Moscow, his "old life without a seat belt".

If you have been to Moscow, you may remember it as an impression of kaleidoscopes of color, spiraling, exotic architecture, and fast moving people. Such is Nick Platt's narrative as he took me on a wild ride through those heady times in the early 2000's as Moscow and Russia plunge head long into capitalism. I was swept up in the portrays of amoral behavior, decadence, and lust. A place where much that appeared true, usually was not.

After he has meet the charms of Masha and Katya and soon after their aunt, Tatiana, I saw Nick Platt become a victim of that culture, willing to ignore much that was obvious and deceptive in trade for the comfortable pleasures of the "here and now". He does, however, finally begin to realize his complicity in some very dark deeds. But alas, as the book spirals to an end, it was all to evident to me that the cultural seduction of Nick Platt was complete.
Eileen B. (East Moriches, NY) (11/24/10)

A GREAT DEBUT
As I was reading,I got a feel of how business deals are conducted in Russia and how corrupt it can be. This was a great debut novel that included evil, corruption, romance and deceit. In the beginning, I was trying to figure out what the title had to do with the story and as I read on, it all fell into place. There are some books that I can predict the ending and this was not one of those. The book was well written and the characters were very interesting as well as complicated. A must read.
Donna N. (High Rolls, NM) (11/23/10)

one big snow job
I enjoyed this book, reading it in 2 sittings. you get a good flavor of present day Russia and business dealings. characters are well developed and interesting.-one complaint: the narrator is telling this story to a third party, and I found references to this person annoying, as well as interrupting the narrative flow. On the whole, though, this is a good read, with lots of twists and turns.
Cynthia A. (Grand Rapids, MI) (11/22/10)

One for the favorite list!
Snowdrops is a thrilling, suspenseful, can't-put-it-down read! Although the subject is not the same, I experienced the same anticipation and emotions as when I saw A BEAUTIFUL MIND at the theater. I could not put this book down! This book would be enjoyed by book clubs with both men and women readers. I LOVED this book and look forward to reading more by this author.

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Don't join the book burners...

O My D B