Read what people think about Left Neglected by Lisa Genova, and write your own review.

Left Neglected

by Lisa Genova

Left Neglected by Lisa Genova X
Left Neglected by Lisa Genova

• Published in USA  Jan 2011

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Left Neglected

brnoze

This is REAL!
I had listened to the author, Lisa Genova, being interviewed about Left Neglected. It sounded interesting, I had read her earlier book "Still Alice" and loved it, but I wasn't pushed to run out and buy it. Well little did I know how life would twist and turn so soon. My mother-in-law had a stroke and is experiencing Left Neglect. It is so real, and so fascinating. I recommend this book, not just because it is a great story (it is fiction) but because it rings true. This is our next book club's read by my recommendation and I know the members in my group are going to love it.
avid

Every bit as good as "Still Alice"
I read this book in two sittings. As in "Still Alice", the author immediately draws you in by relating familiar situations and feelings. Then when a traumatic injury leaves Sarah brain-damaged, Genova continues to relate Sarah's tale in a way in which we can all imagine, enduring her difficult circumstances. Lisa Genova is a very educated and compassionate author whose ability to convey the horrors of brain injury are valuable and compelling. This book is not depressing and scary, but hopeful, resilient, and realistic. Educate yourself while enjoying a great read.
mainlinebooker

Good but not great..
I love books when I can learn something new from them. Her easy style allows one to read this in a breezy fashion, while still learning a great deal about a person who undergoes a "left neglect" brain injury and how it affects one's daily life.

• Book Jacket: Gateway to the Moon
    Gateway to the Moon
    by Mary Morris
    Miguel Torres is a teenager living in Entrada de la Luna, a poverty-stricken dot on the New Mexico ...
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: The Ensemble
    The Ensemble
    by Aja Gabel

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Sometimes I Lie