Read what people think about Ape House by Sara Gruen, and write your own review.

Ape House

by Sara Gruen

Ape House

• Published in USA  Sep 2010

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Ape House

ena (09/17/13)

A fresh topic.
This book about Bonobos (apes) is an exciting learning experience, fresh & fun!
The author Sara Gruen of water for Elephants has done it again...written about a topic related to animals ( which she studied in depth before tackling this unusual topic) which is informative in a very amusing way and spellbinding way.
Part of this book also consists of a mystery but all in sync with the story.
I had a very hard time putting this book down , finished it in a very short time!
avid (09/20/10)

a disappointment
Trite, implausible, and hugely disappointing. I loved Water for Elephants, which was rich and imaginative, moving and wise. Ape House contains only a thread of value in its attention to the animals and their use of American Sign Language to communicate with each other and with humans. Beyond that, the characters lack consistency and warmth, and the plot fails in its overused themes and endless coincidences. Please. I suspect that Ape House was published solely on the strength of Elephants, as it seems unlikely that such drivel would otherwise have been printed.

• Book Jacket: I Contain Multitudes
    My Name Is Leon
    by Kit De Waal

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review