Read what people think about Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich, and write your own review.

Wicked Appetite

by Janet Evanovich

Wicked Appetite
  • Readers' rating:

• Published in USA  Sep 2010
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Wicked Appetite

Power Reviewer Cloggie Downunder (02/10/13)

funny but slow
Wicked Appetite is the first book in the Lizzy and Diesel series by Janet Evanovich. Lizzy Tucker doesn’t know that she is a human with special abilities, an Unmentionable, until Diesel turns up in her life. (Diesel first appears in each of the Between the Numbers BTN Stephanie Plum novels). Lizzy is a pastry chef with a special talent for cupcakes (Evanovich does love cupcakes!), and, apparently, also for detecting empowered objects. Diesel needs Lizzy to find certain Stones associated with the Seven Deadly Sins, for which his cousin, the evil Gerwulf Grimoire is also searching (Wulf first appears in Plum Spooky). It appears that Lizzy’s bakery colleagues are more than Normal humans as well: Glo is an enthusiastic if incompetent spell-caster; Clara was an Unmentionable in years previous. Soon Lizzy’s normal life in Marblehead MA (just near Salem) is somehow turned upside down: of the people who hold keys to the Gluttony Stone, one is hexed into gibberish, one’s house is blown to smithereens and another’s apartment is trashed; Lizzy has also acquired a one-eyed cat and Carl, that annoying monkey from the Plum BTN books. I was prepared to not like this very much as I was getting rather fed up with Stephanie, Lula and Carl in the BTN’s, but this series has some fresh new characters and starts off well. The humour relies on Glo’s ineptitude with spells, the effects of the Gluttony charms and, unfortunately, Carl’s antics (again, I say, lose the monkey, Janet). There are explosions, abductions, flying booms, ferrets and olive oil, gnomes, padlocks, bunnies, many children and lots of food. Apparently there will be at least six more, covering the other deadly sins, Lust being covered in Wicked Business. Funny if a little slow.
Reader (10/23/12)

Loved It!
I loved this book because it was so much fun to read and full of adventure!
avidreader (07/22/12)

Waiting for something to happen...
This book was #2on the bestseller's list at our local library so I was very pleased to find in on the shelf. It is very easy reading...I read it in two days..the entire time "waiting for something to happen" in the story.

The writing and story line are amateurish and the attempts at humor juvenile. The characters and plot have no depth what-so-ever. I've read book series that were originally intended for young adults that were much better written and attention-grabbing.

The story in this book could have been much better written...I think the author wrote this book as quickly as I read it....this book was a disappointment.
Kristen Wilkinson (01/18/12)

Best Book Ever!
I read this book at least 7 times and loved it even more every time I read it.

• Book Jacket: Here I Am

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Under the Udala Trees
by Chinelo Okparanta

Raw, emotionally intelligent and unflinchingly honest--a triumph.

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review