Read what people think about Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin, and write your own review.

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter

by Tom Franklin

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin X
Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin

• Published in USA  Oct 2010

There are currently 27 reader reviews for Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter

Mary Lou F. (Naples, FL) (09/21/10)

Friendship and all of its consequences
The characters in this book are very real. A strange friendship develops between a black boy and a white boy and continues into their adult years with serious consequences. This book held my attention from beginning to end and is certainly well worth reading.
Minnesota Reader (09/21/10)

Truth and redemption
Two boys, one black and one white, are friends for a brief time in rural Mississippi. A few years later, the white boy is suspected of killing a girl, and although there is not enough evidence to prosecute him, he is marked forever by suspicion. The black boy goes to college and returns to the area as a constable, and the lives of the two boys - now men - intersect again in the investigation of another murder. But as the story unfolds, there are revelations and discoveries that put long-ago events into new light. The past is never really past because it has shaped everything that has happened since. The suspense is mild, the mysteries transparent, the ending too glib, but it's a good story about truth and redemption, with complex and interesting characters.
Maggie P. (Redmond, WA) (09/19/10)

Great story, but a bit predictable
This is a great story, but I saw what was coming so there wasn't any surprise for me. I really enjoyed the story, reading it in two days. The author has a gift for making you want to know what will happen next. I could see where the book was heading and wish there had been a bit more mystery. Despite that, it was a great book.

• Book Jacket: Calypso
    Calypso
    by David Sedaris
    David Sedaris' Calypso is every bit as hilarious and irreverent, as clever and incisive, as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Word Is Murder

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E