Read what people think about The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson, and write your own review.

The Warmth of Other Suns

The Epic Story of America's Great Migration

by Isabel Wilkerson

The Warmth of Other Suns

There is 1 reader review for The Warmth of Other Suns

Power Reviewer Kelli Robinson (11/25/14)

Great Study of the American South
As a Yankee transplant to the South who has lived in Birmingham, Alabama, for nearly 20 years, I found this book fascinating. From the minute I arrived in Alabama, I was acutely aware of the race relations issues still lingering and I found myself studying the history of Alabama especially as it relates to the civil rights movement. One visit to the impressive Birmingham Civil Rights Institute, and its Jim Crow installation including a "White Only" water fountain leaves a lasting impression especially when you walk out the front door and find yourself standing in front of the 16th Street Baptist Church where 4 little girls were murdered in 1963 by a church bomb. Kudos to Ms. Wilkerson and her extensive research which is so eloquently set forth in this book. If I could make this book required reading in every American middle or high school, I would. We may have come a long way since Jim Crow but we still have so far to go and this is the kind of book that opens up the important dialogue necessary between the races to keep the improvement of race relations front and center.

• Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    by Brit Bennett
    by Tom Jackson

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.

Cruel Beautiful World