Read what people think about Bad Boy by Peter Robinson, and write your own review.

An Inspector Banks Novel

by Peter Robinson

• Published in USA  Aug 2010
    Genre: Mysteries

There are currently 28 reader reviews for Bad Boy

Margaret R. (Atlanta, GA) (07/05/10)

Bad Boy
Another great Inspector Banks book! In this book Inspector Banks' complex character is made even more so by the involvement of his daughter as one of the victims. This book is a real page turner and one of Robinson's best. Highly recommended for all mystery/thriller lovers.
Virginia W. (Cloverdale, CA) (07/04/10)

Girl looking for a faster life influenced by "bad boy"
I generally like Alan Banks mysteries. "In a Dry Season" was excellent. "Bad Boy" starts off slow - I think I had read about 100 pages before the book became more interesting. Tracy Banks is involved with a bad boy, Annie Cabot is shot, Tracy does call 999 to help Annie, and Alan, who has been away on vacation in the US, comes home to all this bad news. I can't really recommend this book - nothing to figure out. Just a story of a girl, her father and her no-good boyfriend.
Patricia S. (Yankton, SD) (07/03/10)

A new treasure discovered
After achieving a moment of epiphany one calm and contemplative evening in the Arizona desert, Yorkshire DCI Alan Banks returns to England where his new found balance is immediately tested. His home is marked a crime scene. A close colleague and former lover lies near death in the hospital. His daughter is either on the run with, or a hostage of, a drug dealing killer. And he encounters his primary enemy in the police force who seems determined to undermine his efforts to solve the crimes. Subtle, well drawn characters and depth of plot development are displayed in Bad Boy the latest DCI Brandt police procedural by Peter Robinson. This is the first book that I have read in this series, but I have now collected all that I could find and look forward to many evenings of enjoyment. If you do not yet know DCI Banks, I urge you to read this book and discover him.
Power Reviewer Sue P. (Richardson, TX) (07/02/10)

"Bad Boy" = GREAT Read!
This is the best Inspector Banks book in years, which is saying a great deal - because this whole series is excellent. I was absolutely riveted from the beginning. Characters (new and existing) were fully-fleshed and believable. Suspense ran extremely high and the action seemed to never stop. Don't start reading this book unless you are prepared to put everything else aside until you finish.

• Book Jacket: Here I Am

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Under the Udala Trees
by Chinelo Okparanta

Raw, emotionally intelligent and unflinchingly honest--a triumph.

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review