Read what people think about Death Echo by Elizabeth Lowell, and write your own review.

Death Echo by Elizabeth Lowell X
Death Echo by Elizabeth Lowell

• Published in USA  Jun 2010
    Genre: Romantic Thrillers

There are currently 25 reader reviews for Death Echo

Les G. (Fort Collins, CO)

Outstanding thriller
Death Echo by Elizabeth Lowell is an outstanding thriller. Emma Cross is an ex-CIA agent now working for a "consulting" firm. Thanks to some strong-arm maneuvers by a government agency, she starts out tracking a lavish yacht and ends up in the middle of an international terrorism threat.

This book is a wonderful, quick read with enough sex, violence, and mystery to keep it continually interesting. The action never stops or slows down once Emma is on the case, and cascades to an exciting ending.

Thanks to William Morrow and BookBrowse for a chance to read and review this book.
Power Reviewer Chris W. (Temple City, CA)

fast read
This is a suspenseful page turner with likable main characters, "bad guys," and interagency conflict. The intrigue, the descriptions of the scenery in the Pacific Northwest, and the details about yachting were enjoyable, and I learned quite a bit. The romantic attraction was a little too instant. The book was entertaining and a fast read. I liked the short chapters and would enjoy another novel with the same main characters. I wouldn't recommend it for book club discussions.
Jenny P. (Cupertino, CA)

Death Echo
This book was a fun, entertaining suspenseful reader. The format of the story playing out over only a week led to a lot of action playing out very quickly. At times, it was difficult to believe that the major characters could work together and trust each other so quickly and there were times when it was necessary to just suspend disbelief and keep reading ! It was however, a well written, believable story and the many twists and turns held my interest right to the end. This book would appeal to any one who likes a fast paced thriller with a little romance thrown in for good measure. The plot hung together well and the twist at the end was pretty clever.
Gail B. (Albuquerque, NM)

Old Fashioned Spy Story
Death Echo has just enough sex and intrigue to make it an exciting page-turner. Emma Cross is fed up with the gamesmanship of working for the CIA but is drawn back into what becomes the adventure of her life as she meets professional sailor, ex-Seal MacKenzie Durand. An interesting mix of superb seamanship, modern technology and just a touch of MacIver, and the pair takes on the dangers of the deep to save each other and thousands of innocents from former U.S.S.R. bad guys. Just what you'd expect from an old fashioned spy story -- an adventurous, quick summer read.
Samantha H. (Golden, CO)

Death Echo - Fast paced enjoyable read
Death Echo by Elizabeth Lowell is a fast paced suspense novel that really delivers. The main characters are well developed, and very likable (although maybe a bit over the top -- both very good looking, smart, strong, talented...). The plot was complex and kept me guessing until the end. I enjoyed how the developing relationship between the two main characters was mixed in with the action, to lighten the mood. This was a very entertaining read, and I had trouble putting it down.
Julia H. (Excelsior, MN)

Death Echo
I enjoyed this book, my first by Lowell. The two main characters, Emma Cross, a member of St. Kilda’s (an org. made up of a lot of ex CIA types) and Mac Durand, a boat captain (and also a former military man) were good matches for the exciting scenes aboard a yacht in the Pacific Northwest. I particularly liked how well-written some of the action scenes were, from the waves and powering the yacht against them, to the actual villains of the story! The short, quick chapters were a perfect way to propel the action for Lowell’s Death Echo thriller.
Rosemary T. (San Antonio, TX)

Death Echo
Death Echo is an entertaining read if you are a lover of international espionage. For the most part the plot moves at a fast pace with well developed main characters. Unfortunately, I can't say that for most of the other characters. Often I felt I was missing a crucial point, especially with the various agencies involved. This book definitely makes you aware of one more way America is vulnerable to terrorists.
Robin F. (Tucson, AZ)

death echo
Any Elizabeth Lowell fan has to be thrilled to see a new book available. Death Echo continues with the St. Kilda's 'family', along with several twists. It's always good to have some romance thrown in at the same time. Lowell has a wonderful imagination. However, this is not the most suspenseful Lowell book I've read, and, as a fan, I look forward to her next book.

• Book Jacket: Future Home of the Living God
    by Alison McGhee

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

Strangers in Budapest
    by Jessica Keener

A few books well chosen, and well made use of, will be more profitable than a great confused Alexandrian library.

E Dog H I D