Read what people think about Every Last One by Anna Quindlen, and write your own review.

Every Last One

by Anna Quindlen

Every Last One by Anna Quindlen X
Every Last One by Anna Quindlen

• Published in USA  Apr 2010

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Every Last One

Louise J

Wow!
Mary Beth Latham lives with her Opthamologist husband, Glen, and their three children: twin boys Alex and Max, 14 and Ruby, 17. Mary Beth has prided herself on building her life around that of her family’s. She owns a landscaping company and can be around whenever the kids need her.

At the beginning of the story, Ruby is dating Kiernan and busy trying to find a dress to wear to the high school prom but it’s proving to be a much more difficult task than her mother ever thought it would be. With so many dress choices Ruby just can’t make up her mind. Ruby is finding Kiernan to be somewhat of a pain in the neck lately and doesn’t want to date him anymore or even attend the prom with him, although Kiernan has other plans and he intends on hanging onto Ruby for as long as humanely possible. Ruby is snubbing him, giving him the cold shoulder, sitting in her bedroom alone doing homework while Kiernan sits in the kitchen waiting. Kiernan is not taking the hint.

In the meantime, Alex and Max are busy with school and sports until one afternoon Max arrives home with a note from his music teacher expressing his concern that Max appears to be deeply depressed. Mary Beth and Glen feel he is mistaken and chalk it up to typical teenage moodiness.

Kiernan continues to be a permanent fixture in the Latham household as his own home is anything but the “typical” he craves. He doesn’t see his Dad much due to a divorce, doesn’t talk much to his mother and has no brothers or sisters. He NEEDS Ruby and everything that she represents: an intact family, parents who love each other and their children, siblings, confidence, and happiness. Kiernan parks himself at the Latham home even when Ruby isn’t there or upstairs bathing, listening to music, or completing homework assignments. Max and Alex keep pestering Beth as to why Ruby is so mean to Kiernan.

Life is continuing on day-after-day until another teacher expresses their concern over Max’s seemingly depressed mood so Mary Beth and Glen decide there could be more to it and arrange for Max to begin counselling with Dr. Vagelos when suddenly tragedy strikes and Mary Beth is blindsided by a: “...shocking act of violence.”

This is such a normal family in every way and just goes to show that even though we think we are comfortable in our lives and that we’re invincible, bloodshed can happen to ruin what we thought of as our own perfect little worlds.
LLyouvegotmail

READ IT. !!!!
Don't let me waste your time in bothering you with another boring review just let me say this PUT DOWN WHAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING AND READ THIS BOOK . If you're the type who likes a mix of a good women's story with a roller coaster ride of heart pounding emotions then grab this book today. Long story short, a woman lives in the bribes with a nice normal
I've and then BOOM
It all changes radically over night
You know, I really thought that I had this book all figured out and I was ready to. Toss it and then BAM it blindsided me with a totAlly unexcpe Ted change
I really never saw this one coming.
Surprised to say that I , after mistakenly thinking I had it figured out about a quarter of the way into the book, this story blindness you and then you will spend the rest of the weekend reading it, forgoing food, until you finish
JUST GO AND READ THE THING
A TRUE UNEXPECTEC HEARTPOUNDER !!!!!!!!

• Book Jacket: How to Stop Time
    How to Stop Time
    by Matt Haig
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May
  • Book Jacket: The Friend
    The Friend
    by Sigrid Nunez
    Sigrid Nunez is one of the most underrated authors writing today. Her work is so lovely, so ...

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

Next Year in Havana
    by Chanel Cleeton

a Cuban-American woman travels to Havana, where she finds a family secret hidden since the revolution.

Force of Nature
    by Jane Harper

A riveting, tension-driven thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of The Dry.

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P