Read what people think about Walking to Gatlinburg by Howard Frank Mosher, and write your own review.

Walking to Gatlinburg

by Howard Frank Mosher

Walking to Gatlinburg by Howard Frank Mosher

• Published in USA  Mar 2010
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There is 1 reader review for Walking to Gatlinburg

Barb Harding (04/09/11)

Puzzling
I found Walking to Gatlinburg both puzzling and exciting. I did not know whether to go back and read Pilgrim's Progress, which I still may do, or to consider the book's soul of darkness in the light of Heart of Darkness. I decided the subject best lent itself to the darkness of the war, cruelty, revenge, feuding, etc. Although Morgan is searching for Pilgrim his brother, the true pilgrimage is made by Morgan, who manages to do what must be done, something which Pilgrim could not do because of his Quaker beliefs. He leaves all the characters in the proper or wished for place.

I liked it because it is certainly unlike anything I have read in some time. It has many unreal incidents and characters. It travels from east to south through many dangerous areas and situations. Morgan comes through mostly unscathed and ends well in an epilogue. He is a wonderful character.

Tender

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

These are not books, lumps of lifeless paper, but minds alive on the shelves

K Your F C