Read what people think about The Language of Secrets by Dianne Dixon, and write your own review.

by Dianne Dixon

• Published in USA  Mar 2010

There are currently 17 reader reviews for The Language of Secrets

Terri H. (Battle Ground, washington) (02/05/10)

The Language of Secrets
I loved the title. I loved the cover. I wanted to love the book, but some inconsistencies in dialogue tripped me up and I would only give this book an average to good rating. Good ending.
Mary Ellen B. (Hebron, CT) (02/04/10)

Language of Secrets--A Terrific Read
This is a novel that builds gradually as the layers peel away. On the surface, it starts when a man tries to connect with his parents who he has not seen since he left home. This journey results in a shocking series of revelations. The mysteries move the story along as the pieces fall into place.

Poignant and beautifully paced.
Leslie W. (Burlingame, CA) (02/04/10)

Ho Hum
If you are looking for a quick read without any deep thinking, this is your book. If you would like something with a little more substance, choose another book. This book had too many different stories within it, you didn't know quite where the author was headed until the very end when she abruptly tried to tie everything up in a neat little package.
Power Reviewer Melissa H. (McKees Rocks, PA) (02/01/10)

Secrets Revealed...or Not!
Quick read due to the intriguing plot and the beautiful writing. The interweaving plot is told through past and current narration, keeping the mystery of the secret alive throughout the book. Thought provoking themes on truth, who we are in relation to our past, the sanctity of marriage and the choice to enter into marriage. Look forward to other books by this new writer.
Jane A. (Lakeport, Ca) (01/31/10)

A reader's delight........
The very first chapter prepares the reader for a whale of a story, and Dianne Dixon fulfills that promise to the fullest. Her story has many facets, each of which is explored thoroughly; there are no loose ends, but many unexpected turns. At no point did the story lose momentum;' I couldn't put it down until I had read the final page!
Melissa K. (Oviedo, Florida) (01/31/10)

Good Read
I enjoyed this book. It grabs your attention from page one. The alternating pattern of flashback in the organization of the book added to the intrigue. Hope to see more books from this author.
Rachel D. (Leominster, MA) (01/30/10)

The Language of Secrets
I loved this book, it has everything - love, drama horror, suspense. I would compare it to Jodi Picoult's books. Sat down to take a look at it and read non stop till the end. Will look forward to more from this author.
Ilyse B. (New Jersey) (01/30/10)

Secrets and Identity
This story is a mystery about a man's search for his identity, and how he needs to discover the truth about his past in order to face his future. While the plot was very promising, ultimately the book was disappointing. The story goes back and forth in time introducing so many characters and their histories, that it was hard to keep them straight or to know who the author was talking about at any given time. The writing style was also very difficult to lose oneself in - there was so much use of figurative language that a lot of time was spent trying to figure out what the author was trying to say. All in all, good potential, but a disappointing read.

• Book Jacket: The Romanovs

The Imperial Wife
    by Irina Reyn

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All