Read what people think about Still Life by Melissa Milgrom, and write your own review.

Still Life

Adventures in Taxidermy

by Melissa Milgrom

Still Life by Melissa Milgrom

There are currently 18 reader reviews for Still Life

Power Reviewer mainlinebooker(Narberth, PA) (12/19/09)

Mixed feelings
I had hoped to really enjoy this novel, but was so put off by the writing of the first two chapters, that I had difficulty pursuing the rest. I counted 2-3 digressions in parentheses per page that were annoying and irrelevant. That said, there were amusing tidbits on the minutiae of what is sold in trade fairs,and interesting snapshots of taxidermists' lives. This is a book that you will either love or hate.
Power Reviewer Portia A. (Mount Laurel, NJ) (12/19/09)

Taxidermy Made Interesting
Melissa Milgrom did it ... she actually made the subject of her book very interesting. Although at times the book seemed to read like like an extended magazine article, taxidermy was much more complex in its history and use than I would have imagined. I learned things I didn't know and enjoyed the change of pace from the things I usually read.

• Book Jacket: Before We Sleep
    by Kate Moore

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers