Read what people think about Still Life by Melissa Milgrom, and write your own review.

Still Life

Adventures in Taxidermy

by Melissa Milgrom

Still Life by Melissa Milgrom

There are currently 18 reader reviews for Still Life

Power Reviewer mainlinebooker(Narberth, PA) (12/19/09)

Mixed feelings
I had hoped to really enjoy this novel, but was so put off by the writing of the first two chapters, that I had difficulty pursuing the rest. I counted 2-3 digressions in parentheses per page that were annoying and irrelevant. That said, there were amusing tidbits on the minutiae of what is sold in trade fairs,and interesting snapshots of taxidermists' lives. This is a book that you will either love or hate.
Power Reviewer Portia A. (Mount Laurel, NJ) (12/19/09)

Taxidermy Made Interesting
Melissa Milgrom did it ... she actually made the subject of her book very interesting. Although at times the book seemed to read like like an extended magazine article, taxidermy was much more complex in its history and use than I would have imagined. I learned things I didn't know and enjoyed the change of pace from the things I usually read.

• Book Jacket: Pachinko
    Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves

K Your F C