Read what people think about The Big Burn by Timothy Egan, and write your own review.

The Big Burn

Teddy Roosevelt and the Fire that Saved America

by Timothy Egan

The Big Burn by Timothy Egan

There is 1 reader review for The Big Burn

Mimulus (04/03/10)

The History of the Forest Service
This book is very detailed and often ponderous. I am sure it is well researched, however it goes into tremendous detail about the history of the Forest Service. The key players in establishing the Service and recounted in great detail. Unfortunately, the fire is described mostly in general terms with little drama. It seems to be a good history, however the story is choppy, and there is very little plot.

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering.

O My D B