Read what people think about The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson, and write your own review.

The Girl Who Played with Fire

by Stieg Larsson

The Girl Who Played with Fire

• Published in USA  Jul 2009
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Girl Who Played with Fire

Lynn (08/15/10)

Better than the first book in the series
I just love Lisbeth Salander! I am actually sad that there will only be 3 books with her as a character. This 2nd book of the series was non-stop action and suspense. I loved it as a follow-up to the excellent "Girl with a Dragon Tattoo". We got to spend more time with Lisbeth and her history on this one. Stieg Larrson has written a masterpiece. I can't wait for the next book.
Power Reviewer PDXReader (10/18/09)

Better than the first in the series
This, the second book in the series, is more engaging than the first, and fans of the series will definitely enjoy learning more about its protagonist, Lisbeth Sanders. Far more of the plot revolves around her than it did in the first book, and the story also moves along at a faster clip, with few slow spots (if any). I did think the plot was a bit silly at times – lots of coincidental meetings, people just happening to be in the right place at the right time, over-the-top violence, characters who are one-dimensional, etc. Normally I’d consider these fatal flaws in a novel, but in this one, it somehow seems to work. It requires considerable suspension of disbelief, but it’s a fun book – if you don’t look at it too closely.

• Book Jacket: I Contain Multitudes
    My Name Is Leon
    by Kit De Waal

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Under the Udala Trees
by Chinelo Okparanta

Raw, emotionally intelligent and unflinchingly honest--a triumph.

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review