Read what people think about The Last Child by John Hart, and write your own review.

The Last Child

by John Hart

The Last Child by John Hart X
The Last Child by John Hart

• Published in USA  Mar 2010

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Last Child

Becky H

Compelling tale of murder and loss
A compelling read of loss, anger, fear, and murder. Johnny is just a child, but he is a child searching for his kidnapped twin sister and aided by a detective possessed of the same relentless need to find Alyssa. Then another young girl goes missing.
The characters are clearly drawn, especially the giant of a child man. The setting is detailed and atmospheric. There are red herrings in plenty, but the plot is tightly controlled and moves along at a ever increasing pace.
Daniel A.

The Last Child
WOW! This is truly one great book. It was riveting and a page-turner. "The Last Child" is a mystery, as are the other two fiction books that the author wrote.
Word of note: All three books of fiction were at least a nominee of the "Edgar", which is awarded to the best mystery of the year. "Down River", his second book won in 2008, and now this book, in 2010.
"The Last Child" has memorable characters and a plot that is twisty.
The bottom line is: If you are a serious fan of crime scene investigation, (CSI), read the prologue and the first chapter. If they don't grab you, then close the book and find another one to read. As for me, I couldn't put this book down. I have a new favorite author and his name is John Hart.

• Book Jacket: American Histories
    by Madeline Miller

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya

A riveting story of dislocation, survival, and the power of stories to break or save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes