Read what people think about The Last Child by John Hart, and write your own review.

The Last Child

by John Hart

The Last Child by John Hart X
The Last Child by John Hart

• Published in USA  Mar 2010

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Last Child

Becky H

Compelling tale of murder and loss
A compelling read of loss, anger, fear, and murder. Johnny is just a child, but he is a child searching for his kidnapped twin sister and aided by a detective possessed of the same relentless need to find Alyssa. Then another young girl goes missing.
The characters are clearly drawn, especially the giant of a child man. The setting is detailed and atmospheric. There are red herrings in plenty, but the plot is tightly controlled and moves along at a ever increasing pace.
Daniel A.

The Last Child
WOW! This is truly one great book. It was riveting and a page-turner. "The Last Child" is a mystery, as are the other two fiction books that the author wrote.
Word of note: All three books of fiction were at least a nominee of the "Edgar", which is awarded to the best mystery of the year. "Down River", his second book won in 2008, and now this book, in 2010.
"The Last Child" has memorable characters and a plot that is twisty.
The bottom line is: If you are a serious fan of crime scene investigation, (CSI), read the prologue and the first chapter. If they don't grab you, then close the book and find another one to read. As for me, I couldn't put this book down. I have a new favorite author and his name is John Hart.

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S