Read what people think about The Winner Stands Alone by Paulo Coelho, and write your own review.

The Winner Stands Alone

by Paulo Coelho

The Winner Stands Alone by Paulo Coelho
  • Readers' rating:

• Published in USA  Apr 2009

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Winner Stands Alone

Superclass (02/27/13)

Another success of Paulo Coelho
First I must remark on the previous comment- The book isn't boring in the beginning but it does need a while for actions to take place, mostly due to the effort the writer needs to fully explain motives and bring us closer to the mind of very ungratifying main character. (In my opinion, maybe someone likes cold murderers :) Through the eyes of a successful businessman we see the world of high class as pointless events full of lost, bored to death people and their lives as simple combination of dreams, plans and destinies with no higher meaning. Businessman believes that it's allowed to kill someone In the name of love. There are few other characters who weren't so important in my opinion, other than their role to clarify the businessman's view on value of human life. But the real character, though shyly described through the book,in the end is discovered in all it's glory. It's a young model who, though she is only nineteen years old, knows the real meaning of life - love that no money or power could ever buy. Love that is more precious than anything but human life.
devangel (02/21/11)

bored from start
I know they say that people should finish a book before starting to judge it but in my opinion its very important to amuse the reader from the start, which makes him eager to go on ... I started reading "The Winner Stands Alone " and from boredom could not continue, but I will try to continue it in order to be fair and then judge properly. I'm sorry if u do not agree with my opinion :) thank you

The Summer Before the War
    Tender
    by Belinda McKeon

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

When men are not regretting that life is so short, they are doing something to kill time.

K Your F C