Read what people think about Valeria's Last Stand by Marc Fitten, and write your own review.

Valeria's Last Stand

by Marc Fitten

Valeria's Last Stand

• Published in USA  Apr 2009

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Valeria's Last Stand

Power Reviewer Madeline (02/25/09)

A Fun Romp!
This novel is a fun, rough-and-tumble romp! It's a feisty love story of a different sort, showing that there is no expiration date on love and lust. The people in the village of Zivatar lay it all out there - love, sex, luck, business, politics, and art - and none more so than Valeria, who is destined to become a favorite curmudgeon.
Priscilla (02/25/09)

Viva Valeria
An entertaining and delightful read. Fitten has brought to life an interesting assortment of zany and all too human characters. I kept thinking Alexander Mccall Smith with a PG rating.

I did feel it bogged down some toward the end, but perhaps that is my lack of testosterone! Even among the "bog" there were scenes well worth the wade.

I would recommend this book. It is not War and Peace, but still worth your time.
Loren (02/22/09)

light-hearted comedy
I don't know if this novel was meant to be serious or not, but I found it to be a fun,light-hearted comedy. The message I got was watch out for the senior set - there's life in us yet!

• Book Jacket: Here I Am

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review