Read what people think about Valeria's Last Stand by Marc Fitten, and write your own review.

Valeria's Last Stand

by Marc Fitten

Valeria's Last Stand by Marc Fitten

• Published in USA  Apr 2009

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Valeria's Last Stand

Madeline (02/25/09)

A Fun Romp!
This novel is a fun, rough-and-tumble romp! It's a feisty love story of a different sort, showing that there is no expiration date on love and lust. The people in the village of Zivatar lay it all out there - love, sex, luck, business, politics, and art - and none more so than Valeria, who is destined to become a favorite curmudgeon.
Priscilla (02/25/09)

Viva Valeria
An entertaining and delightful read. Fitten has brought to life an interesting assortment of zany and all too human characters. I kept thinking Alexander Mccall Smith with a PG rating.

I did feel it bogged down some toward the end, but perhaps that is my lack of testosterone! Even among the "bog" there were scenes well worth the wade.

I would recommend this book. It is not War and Peace, but still worth your time.
Loren (02/22/09)

light-hearted comedy
I don't know if this novel was meant to be serious or not, but I found it to be a fun,light-hearted comedy. The message I got was watch out for the senior set - there's life in us yet!

• Book Jacket: The Dark Flood Rises

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

These are not books, lumps of lifeless paper, but minds alive on the shelves

O My D B