Read what people think about Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult, and write your own review.

Handle with Care

by Jodi Picoult

Handle with Care

• Published in USA  Mar 2009

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Handle with Care

kal (02/06/16)

Let down at end
I agree that it was moving in parts and very captivating but I thought the end was a let down after all the drama that was rendered to make it go to that point. I also had issues with the verdict as well.
As another reviewer wrote, how about government support or other resources other than a lawsuit?
The writing is very captivating and emotionally charged but the actuality of this happening to a family is a bit over the top.
Quantum Cow (05/06/12)

Handled With Disappointment
I love Jodi Picoult, I really do. I discovered her at Denver Childrens' Hosp. As a single mom of a totally disabled child, there are too many unexplored options. I am paid to take care of my son (3 weeks training for CNA License!) Medicaid? SSI? Hello! There are TONS of resources for families! No need for anyone to go through this! I am a devoted fan, but I agree that the settings, too many points of view, and subjects already explored in previous books just do not work here. Not to mention lack of research on resourses. Disappointed.
Tiffany Jamie (03/15/12)

Handle With Care
This is an enjoyable yet heartbreaking story about a girl who suffers from OI. It questions medical ethics and personal morality. It is definitely a MUST READ. :)
martha valencia (08/14/10)

bad ending
To start the book is a little disappointing with a despicable and heartless character like "Charlotte", there isn't any mother in the real world like Charlotte. Besides after you finally got engaged the end is just cruel; and What's up with the recipes, I don't ge it and it is boring! who needs a recipe in the middle of the book???

I don't recomend this book, it is a waste of time!
M.V.
Danielle (06/21/10)

Book of promise..ruined with horrible ending.
I read this book on recommendation from my mother, because we love to read books together. I started reading it around the same time she did, and finished it faster. The day I finished reading it, I called her and basically begged her to stop reading it.

SPOILER ALERT: If you have interest in this book at all, look away NOW

I've never been so ANGRY at the outcome of a book in my life. To have these characters go through such an emotional ordeal, and to have it end in such a heartless abrupt way is just unheard of.

To have us readers take the time to pour over these pages and get involved with these characters..and deal with all this legal mumbo-jumbo. To have the MOTHER go through such horrible abuse, and inner-turmoil..it's just TOO MUCH. She sues her best friend, goes through a bitter separation from her husband, and gets put on display as the Worst Mother in the World by the media.

Who the hell would write about a mother admitting that she wishes her child were never born anyway?

I was born with Cerebral Palsy, we had our own share of hardships dealing with my disability. But I know for a fact that my mother would rather die than ever admit anything like that..the thought would never cross her mind..for no amount of money in the world.

Then..finally, at the end..THEY WIN..and the 8 million dollars? gets put in Willow's casket after she drowns in a frozen pond.

Did I completely ruin this book for you? I HOPE so. Because its NOT worth reading. The only thing I learned about this book is that Jodi Picoult, though talented as she seems to be as a writer..needs to work on empathy for her characters. Because she comes off as a cold, heartless bitch.

This is the second book I've read by here where she's abruptly killed a main character, in order to achieve a 'poetic ending'.

DO NOT waste your money, time, or emotion reading this book. You will be cheated, in all those aspects.
Riley (03/28/10)

I loved this book!
I absolutely loooove this book. it was soooo good. I actually listened to it on tape and I couldn't stop listening to it. it was wonderful. It was heartwarming, sad, and disbelieving. Jodi Picoult knows how to write a good book, and entertain all of her audience.
Ellenor Ronelle (03/21/10)

Handle with care
An inspiring novel sure to captivate all readers with every page turn.
Tami (02/28/10)

Handle With Care
So good I read in a day.

• Book Jacket: A Great Reckoning
    by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

A library is thought in cold storage

The Big Holiday Wordplay: