Read what people think about Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich, and write your own review.

Plum Spooky

Genre: Mysteries

There is 1 reader review for Plum Spooky

Power Reviewer Cloggie Downunder

very average
Plum Spooky is the fourth novel in the Stephanie Plum Between the Numbers books by Janet Evanovich. Stephanie’s main FTA in this instalment is the diminutive Martin Munch, a quantum physics whiz, who has, inconveniently, been targeted by the Unmentionable Gerwulf Grimoire (Wulf) to help with a scheme to control the world’s weather. Enter Diesel, coincidentally cousin to the evil Wulf, and cosmic bounty hunter. Apart from a good deal of murder, kidnapping, and thievery, there are mythical entities (Easter Bunny, Jersey Devil, Sasquatch, Fire Farter), the use of a nail gun on the human body and the destruction of at least one of Stephanie’s vehicles. Stephanie babysits a monkey (or seven), is kidnapped for use as a sex slave, gets lost in the Pine Barrens without bars on her cell phone, gets into a fruit fight, steals a van and some rockets, rides in a helicopter, blows up a fuel depot and a mine and gets stuck in a cranberry bog. Readers don’t come to Plum for depth: “What do you think about death?” I asked Diesel. “I like the buffet. After that it’s not my favourite thing”. Lula is still engaged to Tank but consulting with Miss Gloria and things are looking shaky. Best exchange is probably: “How’s it going?” Morelli wanted to know. “It’s average. Stole a truck. Blew up a house. Brought home seven monkeys. And now there’s a naked man in my shower.” “Yeah, same ol’, same ol’.” Morelli said. Evanovich should lose Carl the very irritating monkey before proceeding. Some laugh-out-loud moments, but this one is average.

• Book Jacket: The Radium Girls
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan
  • Book Jacket: Proving Ground
    Proving Ground
    by Peter Blauner
    More than a decade after winning the 1992 Best First Novel Edgar for Slow Motion Riot, Peter Blauner...

Win News of the World

The Weight of Ink
    by Rachel Kadish

An intellectual, suspenseful, and entertaining page-turner.

T's S I Numbers