Read what people think about The Piano Teacher by Janice Y. K. Lee, and write your own review.

The Piano Teacher

by Janice Y. K. Lee

The Piano Teacher by Janice Y. K. Lee X
The Piano Teacher by Janice Y. K. Lee

• Published in USA  Jan 2009

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Piano Teacher

Linda

The Piano Teacher by Janice Y. K Lee
I found this book in a second hand shop and was unable to put it down!
I found the way Janice Lee builds up the tension in the story by back tracking to Will & Trudy and then forward to Claire's "time" very good. It showed that Claire was as much a victim of circumstances as Trudy( and maybe as much of an opportunist in a different way to Trudy). Both women making the best of circumstances. It was good that it didn't have a trite and happy ending and that Claire developed enough backbone to live on her own and realise that she could survive without Will, and on her own terms also. For me, a truly remarkable book.
Russ

The Piano Teacher
I was browsing at a local chain book store when I happened upon this treasure remembering it listed on BookBrowse. If memorable characters, circumstance, and twist of fates interest you. I recommend this book. Simply written, yet memorable, The Piano Teacher provides plenty of visualization, twists, schemes, romance, adaptation, betrayal, and survival in bountiful, as well as trying times.
Valerie F.

Very disappointing
Very disappointing. It sounded potentially interesting, but it really fell flat. I disliked all of the characters, especially some of the main ones, which made it difficult to keep reading. The author doesn't really give you a reason to care for the people or what happened to them. It just happened and here it is, and not in a very well-developed way.

• Book Jacket: Calypso
    Calypso
    by David Sedaris
    David Sedaris' Calypso is every bit as hilarious and irreverent, as clever and incisive, as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Word Is Murder

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E