Read what people think about The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb, and write your own review.

The Hour I First Believed

by Wally Lamb

The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb

• Published in USA  Nov 2008

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Hour I First Believed

Jules Shriver (01/14/12)

Needed Editing - Hour I First Believed
I have read Wally Lamb's books and, yes, they tend to be lengthy. Although, overall, I enjoyed this book - it needed additional editing understatement. In frustration, I skipped about eighty pages in the middle and, like a stale soap opera, easily picked up the threads of the story. I am a compulsive reader....but, sincerely wish the author would find a more responsible editor. So, yes, good book - but, it could have been much better. I loved This Much is True.
Rhonda (12/30/09)

Wally nails it again...!
Mr. Lamb won my heart when he wrote I Know This Much is True. He did it again with The Hour I First Believed. This book was an odyssey - for me as the reader, for Caelum, and I daresay, for the author as well.... Having woven this tale over 9 years, and throughout the unfolding of some of the most horrific events in American history, he was able to portray some of the most tragic ironies in life - as well as the power of redemption in spite of; and possibly as a result of everything that went before.

• Book Jacket: The Leavers
    The Leavers
    by Lisa Ko

The day before Deming Guo saw his mother for the last time, she surprised him at school. A navy ...

• Book Jacket: Wonderful Feels Like This
    Wonderful Feels Like This
    by Sara Lovestam
  • Book Jacket: Blue Light Yokohama
    Blue Light Yokohama
    by Nicolas Obregon
    Blue Light Yokohama, Nicolás Obregón's crime fiction debut, takes place in an exotic ...

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

The Book of Summer
    by Michelle Gable

The bestselling author of The Paris Apartment, Michelle Gable now transports readers to Nantucket.

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R