MLA Gold Award Site

Read what people think about The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb, and write your own review.

The Hour I First Believed

by Wally Lamb

The Hour I First Believed

• Published in USA  Nov 2008

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Hour I First Believed

Jules Shriver (01/14/12)

Needed Editing - Hour I First Believed
I have read Wally Lamb's books and, yes, they tend to be lengthy. Although, overall, I enjoyed this book - it needed additional editing understatement. In frustration, I skipped about eighty pages in the middle and, like a stale soap opera, easily picked up the threads of the story. I am a compulsive reader....but, sincerely wish the author would find a more responsible editor. So, yes, good book - but, it could have been much better. I loved This Much is True.
Rhonda (12/30/09)

Wally nails it again...!
Mr. Lamb won my heart when he wrote I Know This Much is True. He did it again with The Hour I First Believed. This book was an odyssey - for me as the reader, for Caelum, and I daresay, for the author as well.... Having woven this tale over 9 years, and throughout the unfolding of some of the most horrific events in American history, he was able to portray some of the most tragic ironies in life - as well as the power of redemption in spite of; and possibly as a result of everything that went before.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday