Read what people think about Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch, and write your own review.

Time of My Life

by Allison Winn Scotch

Time of My Life

• Published in USA  Oct 2008

There are currently 15 reader reviews for Time of My Life

Power Reviewer Sue (08/06/08)

A great read
I really enjoyed Time of My Life, I had a hard time putting it down. When Jillian is transported back seven years into her old life she is confronted with the ability to change her life. This story caused me to reflect on my own choices I have made and question the "what ifs". Through Jillian's journey, we learn that hindsight is twenty-twenty and we can learn from our mistakes. I highly recommend this book.
Diane (08/06/08)

Lively book club discussions
For those who have enjoyed Sophie Kinsella's bestseller "Remember Me", Allison Winn Scotch's "Time of My Life" is the flip side.

Jillian wonders if she made a mistake leaving her artistic, laid-back boyfriend Jack and marrying logical, hard-charging Henry.

I wasn't sure I would like the conceit of Jillian traveling back in time, but Scotch's writing pulled me into the story, and I raced through the book to get to the conclusion.

Book club discussions about this book will be lively, as this novel strikes a chord with any woman who has ever felt overwhelmed with childrearing responsibilities.
Meg (08/06/08)

Mommy Lit Meets Back to the Future
I have to confess I wasn't too thrilled when I read the premise of this plot - time traveling always gives me a headache as I end to overthink it, which ultimately ends up taking away from the story. But I decided to go with it and call it 'altered reality' instead of 'time traveling' and ended up enjoying it the way I enjoyed "Freaky Friday" when I was a kid, or the latest Sophie Kinsella (non-Shopaholic) novel. I found myself rooting for just about all the characters in the book (except for a few rather obnoxious ones who I won't reveal here).

About half way through I had to keep myself from turning to the last few pages to find out how it all turned out - but I refrained from doing so, and by the time I got to the end of the book, was happy with the conclusion, and was equally happy I hadn't ruined it for myself by peeking. It was a clever premise and was fun to read, especially with some of the details Allison Winn Scotch sneaks in (the main character can always win bets on who will get kicked off of 'Survivor', since she'd already seen the season several years before in her 'other' life - !). This is a light novel with some poignant moments that will have you plowing through it to see how it all turns out.
Julie (08/05/08)

Cute book
I enjoyed reading Time of My Life. As someone who always wonders what if, it was nice to see how the character dealt with going back in the past.

That said, I thought it was a cute book, but wouldn't run out and recommend it to serious readers. May be best for chicklit readers that are looking for a quick, easy read.
Lori (08/01/08)

A nice vacation read
Time of My Life is a clever exploration of the path not taken. The protagonist finds herself back in time to another relationship, but still endowed with the knowledge she's gained since them.

Scotch relies too heavily on telling a story directly through the narrator's thoughts than through action or dialogue. However, her use of a diary that the main character is a great technique. True to chick-lit style, references to contemporary NYC culture fill every page.

Overall, a fun read, but not memorable.
Michelle (08/01/08)

Momlit
This novel fell short of providing me with the desire to know what happens to the main character. There are some funny parts and insightful and honest glimpses into motherhood, but overall the novel dragged. I am a reader of Momlit and I would not recommend this book.
Mary Ellen (07/31/08)

TIme of My Life Smart Chick Lit
I enjoyed this fanciful flight backwards into a young suburbanite's life to the land of "what ifs?" This story playfully explores what happens when an intelligent, career woman marries and leaves her urban life to pursue motherhood. Jill thought she had the perfect husband, house and baby, but life has settled into a routine that makes her wish that she had a different life.

Unexpectedly, she finds herself pulled backwards seven years to her life with a previous boyfriend and on the cusp of career promotion.What would she have done differently? Does it matter? Should she mend fences with her estranged mother? The drama builds and enlightenment dawns. Would make a great movie.

One Month Free Membership

Underground Airlines
    by Ben Winters

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

This Must Be the Place