Read what people think about The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran, and write your own review.

The Heretic Queen

by Michelle Moran

The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran

• Published in USA  Sep 2008
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Heretic Queen

Alivia Bettinzoli

Intriguing and Addictive
The best way I can explain this book is to call it an ancient Egyptian version of Gossip Girl. It's filled with issues that a girl of Nefer's age should not have to deal with, but she does and she handles herself with grace and dignity. The book is so addictive that I actually got upset when I finished it. Definitely read Nefertiti first, as it will provide background for characters and history of their families. It's really an amazing book and so enjoyable!
Archaeology student, croatia

Ambivalent
Michelle Moran is an average writer but since l m addicted to ancient history and history novels, l read all of her books. Heretic queen has a good and interesting plot, but the way of writing is a bit average, and descriptions are not enough rich and seductive. Psychological characterization is sometimes naive and it has not devoted enough attention to it. Female characters through all of her books are repetitive, the main protagonist is always an intelligent heroine who is thrust into the fire of intrigues and always has a happy ending. For all who love Egyptian history and intrigue in the style of Anne Boleyn, but in the Egyptian time, read it. Those who are looking for really good literary work, they should look elsewhere. But, all in all, it is a good light novel, especially good for reading at the beach or while waiting a bus at the station.

• Book Jacket: Do Not Become Alarmed
    by Jeffrey Lent

Win News of the World

The Weight of Ink
    by Rachel Kadish

An intellectual, suspenseful, and entertaining page-turner.

T's S I Numbers