Read what people think about Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult, and write your own review.

by Jodi Picoult

• Published in USA  Mar 2008

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Change of Heart

vam (11/17/12)

Change of Heart
This book was not my normal type of reading. It is a contemporary story and I am a history person. I started reading it because it was a book club choice. With that said, my feelings after reading it is that I am not sorry I read it but I did not like it - sort of like taking nasty medicine because it will be good for me.

The reasons that I did not like it are various:

1 - Jodi Picoult and I apparently stand at opposing poles on religion and politics. I believe firmly in her right to her opinon but that does not mean I cannot feel offended when she seems to champion putting down what I believe. I think it is interesting to keep in touch with the thoughts of those who think differently from me so that is why I am glad I read it.

2 - There was nothing new in the book for me - the plot was too much like other things I have read. I like books that sell me on new ideas or ways of thinking.

3 - I would have like to really find out Shay's thoughts. A friend told me that his thoughts were sprinkled throughout the book - but actually that was just "hearsay" evidence - other people telling us what he said or did. We never did get inside his head - he was not one of the people speaking directly to us in the book.

4 - It offended me that she gave Shay the initials of I.M. - there is only one "I am" for me.

5 - I understood why some people kept thinking of The Green Mile as they read the book. I, however, was more inclined to liken it to The Shack. At times as I was reading The Shack I was startled - but when I got done I was able to stand back and appreciate it as literature. This time I feel the author was not writing to create a story but to advance her beliefs. I believe in our right to have different interpretations and visions of God but I guess I draw a line and Change of Heart stepped over my line. (PS - don't ask me to explain my line - I cannot verbalize it.)
dawn (07/25/12)

...
the most amazing and intriguing book i have ever read. the suspense and tension holds every inch of your attention throughout the entire book. It's a very intimate and capturing book, heart touching and just simply amazing. I would certainly recommend this book to anybody.

Rise
    by Cara Brookins

How a house built a family. An inspiring real-life story.

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk
    by Kathleen Rooney

"Effervescent with verve, wit, and heart" - Booklist, starred review

Win No Man's Land

No Man's Land
by Simon Tolkien

The Sellout
    by Paul Beatty
    Paul Beatty's The Sellout was one of those books that flew somewhat under the radar when it was...
  • Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages