Read what people think about Dervishes by Beth Helms, and write your own review.

by Beth Helms

• Published in USA  Mar 2008

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Dervishes

Ginger (11/28/07)

Dervishes by Beth Helms
I thought this book would be an interesting read with fully fleshed out characters and a mesmerizing plot. I was very disappointed. The character development was shallow; the characters were all cardboard figures with no depth and very superficial dialogue. The writing style was difficult to follow. I kept wondering when Ms Helms would get to the point of the novel. I was confused much of the time. I found myself having to go back to what I had read previously in order to understand what I was reading in the present. The author didn't provide many details about the country and the city where the action takes place. I thought that would be integral to the story. I think the author did not achieve what she had set out to do; namely, to show the intrigue and deception that was supposed to be at the heart of the novel. I had to force myself to keep reading it, I finished the book, however, I just skimmed the last ten pages or so. I would not recommend this book to anyone.

• Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    by Brit Bennett
    by Tom Jackson

North of Crazy
    by Neltje

The remarkable life of a woman who carves her own singular path.

by Paulette Jiles

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.