Read what people think about The Street of a Thousand Blossoms by Gail Tsukiyama, and write your own review.

The Street of a Thousand Blossoms

by Gail Tsukiyama

The Street of a Thousand Blossoms by Gail Tsukiyama

• Published in USA  Sep 2007
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There is 1 reader review for The Street of a Thousand Blossoms

Power Reviewer Dorothy T. (07/29/11)

A Thousand Blessings
This is only the second book by Gail Tsukiyama I have read--The Language of Threads was the other and it led me to read this one. I was intrigued to learn about the sumo culture--it erased my silly notions based on stereotypes--and the art of creating Noh masks. The book also gave me a chilling look at WWII from the other side. This is a gifted author who pulled me into the story, never letting the big picture get in the way of the finely drawn characters.

• Book Jacket: The Dark Flood Rises

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Beware the man of one book

O My D B