MLA Gold Award Site

Read what people think about Engleby by Sebastian Faulks, and write your own review.

Engleby

by Sebastian Faulks

Engleby

• Published in USA  Sep 2007

There is 1 reader review for Engleby

Kate (11/16/10)

Irish Mike
I found Engleby disturbing but was also intrigued as to how a writer could show such beautiful sensitivity toward women in novels like Charlotte Gray, and then create a monster like Mike, who has no respect for anyone.
I admire Faulks' writing ability immensely. He has such wit and lovely turns of phrase. He is one of my favourite writers.
I've always been interested in criminal psychology and this could read as a warning I think. How easy it is for society to produce people like Mike.

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk

by Simon Tolkien

• Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages