What do readers think of Aurora by David Koepp? Write your own review.

Aurora

Genre: Thrillers

There is 1 reader review for Aurora

Betty Taylor

Captivating Story
Have you ever wondered what would happen if we lost power for months? Think of all we are dependent on for electricity – our cellphones, televisions, cash registers, lights, electric cars, and so much more.

When I heard about this book, I knew I just had to read it. I was the Program Manager for the Department of Defense’s network of solar observatories. That made this book a quick read for me. I really enjoyed it, especially the scientific portions dealing with the Coronal Mass Eruptions (CME).

A series of three CMEs destroy the power grids all over Earth, sparing only the remotest of areas. The story focuses on one family and their neighborhood in Aurora, Illinois. People are terrified: they don’t know what is happening and how long it will last; they are cut off from their loved ones. They find themselves fighting for their lives.

I thought the main characters were well-developed and realistic. I loved their evolution throughout the book – some from helplessness to the strength to survive, others from petty crimes to felony crimes, from isolation to working together. I was eager to learn which would survive.

I recommend this scientific thriller which focuses on the very human experiences.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.25 per month.

The Book Woman's Daughter
    by Kim Michele Richardson
    Kim Michele Richardson's The Book Woman's Daughter follows Honey Lovett, 16-year-old daughter of ...
  • Book Jacket: Iona Iverson's Rules for Commuting
    Iona Iverson's Rules for Commuting
    by Clare Pooley
    For the many years that I've been reading, one realization has always come to mind for me after ...
  • Book Jacket: We Had to Remove This Post
    We Had to Remove This Post
    by Hanna Bervoets
    It's not about money. Kayleigh, the protagonist and narrator of We Had to Remove This Post, a newly ...
  • Book Jacket: River of the Gods
    River of the Gods
    by Candice Millard
    The Nile River has provided vital resources for millennia, serving as a source of water, food and ...

Hamnet
by Maggie O'Farrell
"Of all the stories...about Shakespeare’s life, [Hamnet] is so gorgeously written that it transports you."
The Boston Globe

Members Recommend

Jackie & Me
    by Louis Bayard

Master storyteller Louis Bayard delivers a surprising portrait of a young Jackie Kennedy as we've never seen her before.

One's Company
    by Ashley Hutson

For readers of Ottessa Moshfegh this fearless debut chronicles one woman's escape into a world of obsessive imagination.

Win This Book!
Win Where the Crawdads Sing

Win a signed copy of Where the Crawdads Sing

In celebration of the movie release on July 15, we have three signed copies to give away.

T O Thing W H T F I F I