Read what people think about Dear John by Nicholas Sparks, and write your own review.

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
  • Readers' rating:

• Published in USA  Oct 2006
    Genre: Love Stories

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Dear John

April J. Wolbeck (12/22/10)

The Best Book I have Ever Read
This book is the best book I have ever read. The more I read the book the more I got into the book. It just kept pulling me farther and farther into it the more I kept turning the pages. I recommended this book to my friends and they love it as much as I did. With book you will laugh, cry, and fall in love with everyone that is a big part of this book. I hope that everyone has a chance to read it.. but it you never have read it yet. I recomend that you read this book as soon as u can because you will love it just as much as I do.
Kassidi Mitchell (07/06/10)

Inspiring
Dear John was an excellent book that really showed what the true meaning of love is. Nicholas Sparks has a way of writing that truly makes the characters jump out of the book, they seem real and alive. The love story between Savannah and John begins when John is home on a leave from the army. As they fall in love during the warm summer months, they become inseparable. It seems that their love will be indestructible as John is required to return to the army and Savannah promises to wait. However, just when John is about to return home from the army the horrible and striking day of 9/11 faced every soldier with a choice between love and serving America. His decision makes the world around him change forever. Because of this one choice he is then forced to make several decisions that were even harder than the first. Yet, one thing remains constant through the whole book, love and the meaning of it. In John’s words, “love means that you care for another person’s happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.” This book is not your traditional love story and you will find your heart aching for each character in the book.
stephany savage (02/11/10)

the best book i have read
The love they share was very powerful and touching and will live one in their hearts. I loved this book, the best book I have read about love
Heidi (01/27/10)

A truly amazina book!
Dear John was the first Nicholas Sparks book I read and I absolutely loved it! The way he describes the emotions the characters are feelings makes you so connected to the book and as if you are living it too. Although it made my cry my heart out I would read it again and again. He really knows how to write a good love story and make it seem so real. Plus the characters in the book are so respectable, they make you take a new look into yourself!

• Book Jacket: Perfect Little World
    Perfect Little World
    by Kevin Wilson
    It might be the beginning of a tragic story: Izzy Poole falls in love with her mentally unstable ...
  • Book Jacket: Pachinko

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

Idealism increases in direct proportion to ones distance from the problem.

K Your F C