Reader reviews and comments on Self Matters, plus links to write your own review.

Self Matters

Creating Your Life From Inside Out

by Dr Phillip McGraw

Self Matters

Nov 2001, 320 pages
    May 2003, 336 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Self Matters

Hillary (11/07/03)

I think that I need to go get life strategies and try it on for size. Self matters is putting me to sleep , I find myself speed reading through the montinous repetitive parts and trying to get down to business. It seems like he is trying to convince his readers to keep reading ....but instead it is exhausting me just waiting for him to get on with it already. Sorry Dr. Phil......
Marie Bartholomew (06/21/02)

READING "IT" WAS LIKE A SOAP OPERA - BUT I AM SURE IT WILL STILL CONTRIBUJTE TO A DAILY TV TALK-SHOW PROGRAM.

After reading the infamous Dr. Phillip McGraw's - 1st book "Strategies" - I was sorely disappointed in "Self - Matters" - (it should have come first - assuming that you have no clue of who you are or your caveats.) "Strategies" was overall inspirational and assisted in one dealing from the heart, mind and then to move on - if they wished to - with soal and heart and knowlege I believe this was written. It appeared by the time "Self Matters" were written - it was like --"too late" - running out on a "stuff to say"--"I paid to "read this"?!

The Book, "Self Matters" I found was repetional, slow info to reader- even if you don't speed read - you will now --- SELF MATTERUNINSPRIASIONAL AND UN MOVING.

How many times and ways you can you tell folks to "snap out if it "-- Dr. Phillip McGraw? I think he ran out of truly helpful and rehabilitative ways after "Life Strategies" (which I read).--GREAT..
Is he still hanging onto Oprahs" shirt-tails?Is he still in the legal profession of interrogation.?

This is only my opinion - but - with no real personal understandings and real-time solutions in "SELF-MATTERS", I got the feeling that Dr. McGraw is "running out of things to sell" to us. - he better go back to the "Strategies".

lisa anderson (06/09/02)

I had a very hard childhood and tried to make the best for my children with makeing the right choices. Sometimes it was good sometimes it was'nt but now I know Why?
AS (06/04/02)

What a great service Dr. Phil has fulfilled! There is such a great need for someone to help us through the labyrinth of our minds. It is especially helpful when it's done so in a very simple and down-to-earth way. Yes, we do not have to unconsciously accept whatever our thoughts tell us. We should be very aware of what it is that passes through our minds and not a single thought should go unchecked and unapproved.
Genevieve (03/19/02)

What's not to love about Dr. Phil and this book. It gives you in-depth insight to your actions and why your not living your best life. Self Matters goes a step beyond his other work and like Dr. Phill, tells you like it is. Don't miss this one!

• Book Jacket: The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko
    The Bones of Grace
    by Tahmima Anam

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

Underground Airlines