MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Ghost Soldiers, plus links to write your own review.

Ghost Soldiers

There are currently 31 reader reviews for Ghost Soldiers

Joseph Go (07/25/03)

Bravo !
Greg C (07/21/03)

Excellent book and story. I would love to see the movie.
Andrew Wood (06/05/03)

Since the beginning of the Revolutionary War, countless American soldiers have given up their lives to keep our country free. Sadly, not many American citizens realize the difficult trials that our soldiers endure to ensure our tranquil freedom. Or, some citizens prefer to ignore or even overlook the gruesome details that bought our freedom. However, Hampton Sides, through his book Ghost Fleet, describes the gruesome experiences that our soldiers went through during the Bataan Death March and at Camp O’Donnell. The Treatment of the Prisoners Of War and how they were transported from place to place made them the worst experiences of World War II.
ranger boy (05/11/03)

if you like rangers..if you like world war 2... maybe you even want to be a ranger like me, this is the book for you. ever dream of being a hero? ever wish you were a ranger? ever read this book? you should.
Warren S. (03/14/03)

The book starts with a gripping account of the treatment of prisoners in a japanese POW camp. You seem to be on the same emotional roller coaster ride with the prisoners. A great read you don't want to put the book down.
Daphne (03/05/03)

I read this book for a history class, and was immediately drawn into it. It is quite possibly one of the best books I have ever read. I felt as though I was there alongside the prisoners as well as the Rangers. A must-read for anyone interested in World War Two.
Thushara Gunda (01/04/03)

Hampton Sides did a wonderful job of capturing the reader's attention, me. His tyle of writing, made me feel as if I was actually there in the battlefield, witnessing first-hand all the acts of courage and desparity that occurred.
Chris Saulsbury (12/28/02)

It is and excellent book that will warm your heart when you finish reading it.

• Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

I I A Sign O T T