Reader reviews and comments on How To Be Good, plus links to write your own review.

How To Be Good

by Nick Hornby

How To Be Good

Jul 2001, 320 pages
    Apr 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for How To Be Good

estupenda142 (10/23/02)

this book really reflects the life of many people nowadays...it is funny, ironically written and gives u also a lot to think about...u can compare the living and the feelings of the characters with ur own...
i recomment this book to all people who want to laugh about everyday - life and who like sarcasm.
i hope nick hornby will publish a new book soon!
Kenn (10/22/02)

I was also left unsatisfied, but the novel was readable. My problem was with the characters. They were not very interesting to me, especially the children. I also found the situation to be undramatic. What is really at stake here for the characters? Overall, it just left me cold and unattached. However, I was sufficiently interested in the story to finish the novel and enjoy parts of it.

Mike (05/27/02)

A funny, thoughtful take on what it takes to walk the walk. If you've got an over active-conscience, this book will hit home.
Doyle (04/11/02)

Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review