MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on How To Be Good, plus links to write your own review.

How To Be Good

by Nick Hornby

How To Be Good

Jul 2001, 320 pages
    Apr 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for How To Be Good

estupenda142 (10/23/02)

this book really reflects the life of many people nowadays...it is funny, ironically written and gives u also a lot to think about...u can compare the living and the feelings of the characters with ur own...
i recomment this book to all people who want to laugh about everyday - life and who like sarcasm.
i hope nick hornby will publish a new book soon!
Kenn (10/22/02)

I was also left unsatisfied, but the novel was readable. My problem was with the characters. They were not very interesting to me, especially the children. I also found the situation to be undramatic. What is really at stake here for the characters? Overall, it just left me cold and unattached. However, I was sufficiently interested in the story to finish the novel and enjoy parts of it.

Mike (05/27/02)

A funny, thoughtful take on what it takes to walk the walk. If you've got an over active-conscience, this book will hit home.
Doyle (04/11/02)

left unsatisfied

The Second Mrs. Hockaday
    by Susan Rivers

Win The Widow

"Engrossing."
- Stephen King

A loving husband or a heartless killer…She'd know. Wouldn't she?

• Book Jacket: A Question of Mercy
    A Question of Mercy
    by Elizabeth Cox
    Authors leave little gifts for readers, which seem to turn up at the exact right moment. Perhaps a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Terranauts
    The Terranauts
    by T.C. Boyle
    In an increasingly noisy and fractious world, the idea of "getting away from it all" holds ...
    The Gardens of Consolation
    by Parisa Reza
    The Gardens of Consolation introduces 12-year-old Talla, and her 20-year-old husband Sadar, as they ...

H I A H Does