Reader reviews and comments on Cane River, plus links to write your own review.

Cane River

by Lalita Tademy

Cane River by Lalita Tademy

Apr 2001, 418 pages
    Apr 2002, 560 pages

There are currently 18 reader reviews for Cane River

Carrin Mahmood (04/03/02)

I love when anyone takes me to a place I could otherwise not be a part of! Tademy did this well but it was average to below writing. Fascinating family history, reads like 'fiction' which is just what she did with it.
Hsiaolei Miller (03/06/02)

It was a historical novel on the authors great grandmothers. She researched continuously to compile the book. I found the book rather dull, lacking true emotion in its scattered events. The historical accuracy, rather, intrigued me.

• Book Jacket: Golden Hill
    Golden Hill
    by Francis Spufford
  • Book Jacket: Midnight at the Electric
    Midnight at the Electric
    by Jodi Lynn Anderson
    The world changes, but humanity stays the same. Whether a book takes place in the year 1510 or 2010,...
    by Paulette Jiles
    Paulette Jiles brings the landscape of late 19th century Texas to life in this novel long-listed for...

Win The Library of Light and Shadow