Reader reviews and comments on Cane River, plus links to write your own review.

Cane River

by Lalita Tademy

Cane River by Lalita Tademy

Apr 2001, 418 pages
    Apr 2002, 560 pages

There are currently 18 reader reviews for Cane River

Carrin Mahmood (04/03/02)

I love when anyone takes me to a place I could otherwise not be a part of! Tademy did this well but it was average to below writing. Fascinating family history, reads like 'fiction' which is just what she did with it.
Hsiaolei Miller (03/06/02)

It was a historical novel on the authors great grandmothers. She researched continuously to compile the book. I found the book rather dull, lacking true emotion in its scattered events. The historical accuracy, rather, intrigued me.

Discover your next great read here

Ghachar Ghochar
    by Vivek Shanbhag
    The Bengaluru (aka Bangalore) that has dominated economic news headlines over the past decade is the...
  • Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power

O My D B